Saturday, November 15, 2014

Another chapter in my journey from there to here...

Meet a couple of my younger grandkids, Hailey is 6 and Zander is 7. They live pretty far away and I don't get to see much of them, but pictures help! At least I can see how tall they are getting. So...the move to my new community, home and life, yikes! That's a lot to change all at one time. But that's how it unfolded. DD#1 found a small town house in a community not to far from where she lives. We had hoped for something in her town, but rentals are few and far between. For some I have too much income, and others, not enough. But a place was found, available May 1st, all one level with attached garage, and forced air furnace heat(no more baseboard electric for me!). She made the deposit, and the lease was sent for me to sign, sight unseen except for pictures. That was late February. May 1st came waaaay too fast, partly because I have sooo much stuff, and partly my health and physical lack of strength. Well, long story short is that the move happened, with DD taking charge and making things happen. By 6 P.M. on May 1st, me, myself and I, plus 70+ years of accumulations and 30 years after moving to the community where I had been, sat down to supper in an almost completely new life. I think it was like falling into the rabbit hole and ending up in Wonderland...very, very strange. I did not know a single person living in this town of 3,000...kinda scary. And what was hard is that so many of the people are younger, very upwardly mobile, deeply into career, children, home, etc and have little time to spare. And very little room or interest in meeting newcomers. Luckily I've had years of practice at being alone, and filling my time with things. Not how I'd like it, but reality none the less. DD stops by often, every few days or so, to help me with things, and just to visit. Oldest DS has made it here for one visit, back in May, haven't see DS#2(daddy to the kids above), and have had one visit from DD#2 and DS#3. Such is life. I'm not able to have a pet here and I've come to accept that. I've grown accustomed to what I have and it being "what it is". I talk on the phone to several friends and have found a church to attend. I begun using the local library and that helps. So that gets me to "HERE", being able to be back on Blogger and post to my blog....I have a NEW Dell computer!!! Only took 12 years, LOL!! I'm adjusting slowly to Windows 8.1, learning to use what it has and search for what I don't understand. Right now I can post pictures that I've been sent via e-mail, or ones I had stored in Picasa Web albums. I finally managed to get the camera charged, took pictures, and to plug the camera into a UBS port. What I don't have is a picture program that will then put them somewhere that I can access. I think I probably have to download or install a picture program, and am checking on that. So, please, be patient with me, I'm slow! All this tech stuff takes awhile.

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe but it is good to see you blogging again. So many changes however you sound like you are doing ok. How is your quilting coming along. Hugs dear friend

Angie said...

I can only imagine how disconcerting your move has been. It makes me so very sad for you that you can't have another furbaby to keep you company. I hope that you are feeling more 'at home' as each day passes---and I am so delighted that you are back online. I sincerely missed you during your 'absence'. Hugs of love and light to you my dear dear friend.

{Geo}Holly said...

Change can be hard but your attitude is awesome. Yay on the new DELL!!

Tricia said...

It must be so difficult to go one way for most of your life and then, suddenly, be forced to go another. You must feel scared and lonely sometimes. I hope that we out here in Blogland can help to alleviate some of that! We are so glad that you are back!