Thursday, November 13, 2014

OK...here's the scoop....

I'm back on my blog, digging through my scraps, and like Bonnie's T-shirt last evening, "holy Scrap"! I have A LOT! The current situation is that: The Dell computer I've used since I bought it new in 2002, is toast. It had lost its ability to handle large or large picture files, and would sit and spin on "download" forever! Eventually I'd just exit whatever I was trying to load. That included almost all games, Facebook, and sadly, my favorite blogs who post LARGE size pictures. So why did it take me most of 2 years to get back here??? Well, on a side note***several life changing events. I moved from my home of 7 years in the Valley to a smaller, less convenient, much cheaper rental in what we call "The Ditch". While it put me closer to my dear friend Jean, it was a HUGE adjustment for me. Reduced pretty much everything due to a change in my pension status. Long story short, I grew used to it, accepted it, I guess. By the end of 2013 I had saved up enough for a new computer so I could "do things" again. Enter I-Pad, exit I-Pad, just didn't do what I needed. And then the real "fun" began, several long months of illness, with all sorts of body functions not functioning correctly. Finally peaked in late June of '13 and was diagnosed as Acute Pancreatitis. Complicated by pneumonia and congested heart failure. Had my first ambulance ride, and a very LONG stay in the hospital. Then home to try and get well enough for gall bladder surgery. That took several more months and another ambulance ride, and more hospital time. Finally in Oct. the gall bladder came out. Recovery was very slow, and I had lost about 50 pounds in weight. The place I was renting was very cold and drafty and very expensive to heat. The kids decided about Thanksgiving time that Mom needed to be closer to someone. That lucky child is DD#1 whom you see in the above picture. She's been my rock as well as my soft place to land when I fall. Thank God for great children! The search began and since moving between December and spring is extremely crazy in WI, I didn't move until the 1st of May. There is more to this story, aka, The Scoop, but that's enough for today!

9 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Sooo good to see blogging again - dang life issues, sure get in the way of enjoying our small pleasures!!! I clearly remember YOUR post of MANY years ago - I think YOU were one of the bloggers who inspired me with an orphan quilt laying out on the grass. I can see it still - so pretty, so NON-disciplined! 8-))) My own issues are slowing ME down, camera, computer, body, etc, but we keep going as possible.

julieQ said...

I am so very glad you are back!! And healthier now, minus one sick gall bladder! Many hugs, and I have tooooo many scraps too, which I just totally love.

Katie Z. said...

I'm so glad you're back, and I hope you feel better!

Scrappy quilter said...

I am so glad you are back. Missed you.

Chris said...

YAY!! You're back and sounding good.

diane said...

Sounds like you've been "through the wringer".......so to speak.....but you conquered!! And thank goodness for great kids. Where would we be without them. Thanks for sharing your world and know we're all glad to see you back posting to your blog. you were missed.

Tricia said...

After reading all of that, I am just glad that you are ALIVE much less still blogging! I am so glad that you have returned to your quilting and can begin to create and share with us again! We have all missed you!

Barbara C said...

I'm glad you've come out the other side of this ordeal, and that your family is an on-going support for you.

{Geo}Holly said...

Bless your heart, Finn! You have been through a lot lately but you are a strong woman and you survived it all. A lesser woman wouldn't have. Being plopped down in a place where you know not a soul is a very hard thing. You are blessed to have such wonderful children. I'm so glad you are back to blogging. :)